Sunday, August 21, 2011

Recovery Can Be a Pain

So, hello, all!  It's been 3 weeks since my last post, the day of my jaw surgery, and I am just now feeling like I can share a little bit about it.  Far more pain and discomfort than I anticipated, far more complicated, and I've been home for three weeks instead of two, as a result.  I still can't talk well, still can't chew food - that's a good thing - I've lost about 14 pounds.

Creativity has been a little bit limited by my pain and lack of energy, but, last Friday, my hubby and I took a little road trip to see The Dandy Lion, in New Albany, Indiana.  Ani and Ali Tucker are the artists/owners of this lovely little shop, and they have had some of my artwork and craftwork in their shop since their opening day in August of 2010.  They welcomed us with open arms, showed us around their shop, and we talked about our dreams and schemes - what a wonderful visit!  I'm so grateful for the friends I have "collected" through my art, through etsy, and through blogging!  How else would I get to know so many creative people around the world?

We stopped at a gigantic flea market in southern Ohio on our way home from Indiana, and, while we found some great stuff, it was too hot and I was still too weak to trudge through the hundreds of tents and booths.  Maybe in late September?  You can see a few of the things I scavenged from the stalls at Caesar's Creek. 

Hope you all have a creative and gainful week!  I start back to my dayjob and hope that people won't try to make me talk too much!  Imagine having limited duty because you can't talk!?!?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment