Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Favorite Things

I'm having trouble coming up with something as clever as everyone else does for their blog - I need to make more time, because it is so much fun to hear from others and share news, art, ideas, challenges, etc.  This January has started off with a terrible mind block as far as my artwork goes, so I am trying to work around that block and do some fun doodling on my gourds and slates and wood pieces.

So, here are a few items I've been working on, what do you think?  The birds have never had such nice homes, ready to move in, already designed and "landscaped".  I'm thinking of a series of items painted like this, maybe a slate, a canvas bag, or a pillow - what about terra cotta pots to match??  Hmmm!

In the meantime, one of the reasons I don't take the time to blog is that I am very busy being Nana!!  Our lovely little granddaughter has captured my heart and soul, and I can't help myself!




1 comment:

  1. Dear sweet ThereseMarie, don't you worry one little bit!!! What a precious excuse for not blogging or creating.... Your gourds are beautiful though!!! These moments fly by us so quickly, she will be walking around in the blink of an eye so cherish each moment you have with your granddaughter!! hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete