Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Today I  sit and wait for news of my hubby's progress in knee replacement surgery. The thoughts go through  my mind of the risks of surgery, the anesthesia, complications, and the long road to recovery ahead of us. There are still chores to be done that will fall to me, chickens to feed, lawns to mow, weeds to pull, but the hope of a new lease on life and a renewal of activities that were restricted by his deteriorating joint gives me strength to move forward. We love to go to flea markets, yard sales, and antique shops, and I hope that his new knee will give him a few more miles of walking and picking.

Hospitals are the most uncomfortable places to have to sit and wait. I have my tablet and cellphone and my old-fashioned notebook, so I can be occupied for a bit, but sitting still is not my thing, and I  didn't think to pack one of my jewelry projects or my vintage-inspiring magazines. Oh, well, when his other knee gets done I will try to remember to bring something creative along.

I am feeling the good vibes from all my friends' prayers working, and I thank all of you for your comfort and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment