Sunday, August 20, 2017

Bumps in the Road

Well, it was a rough weekend. My sweet husband did not do well by returning home from his surgery so soon. He was so full of pain medicine that he could not think straight, and he tried to manage moving on his own in the middle of the night, and he fell and, yes, he broke his hip. Today he suffered through surgery to repair that fracture, and he is sleeping in his hospital room while I watch and pray that they will give him time to recover a bit before sending him home to try again. I ordered them to discontinue any narcotics, and within hours of that demand, his mind is clearer and he is once again the sweet but strong man I know and love. Now to manage his pain and physical therapy and get him back on his feet, quite literally. I see a rough two weeks upcoming but hope we can make that time work for us. Lots of friends and family are rooting for him. Thanks for the love!!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Therese!!! I'm so very sorry this happened to your sweet husband! Praying for a speedy recovery for him. Drugs are spooky things ~ hugs to you both!! xoxo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete